We are excited to celebrate Nesmith Library's Sesquicentennial Celebration with you on Saturday, September 18, 2021. Please save the date, and read on for details about this event and our ongoing fundraisers and activities!
Watch on YouTube: The Austin family made an incredible video about our 150 year history in Windham!
Schedule of Events:
- 10 AM: Comments from Honored Guests, including Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis, Board of Trustees Chair Karen Moltenbrey, NH State Librarian Michael York, NH State Representative Bob Lynn, and NH Senator Regina Birdsell
- 11 AM: Music from the Windham Community Band
- 11 AM-1 PM: Cupcakes plus B's Tacos food truck
- 11 AM-2 PM: Self-guided tour of three Nesmith Library locations (earn a Sesquicentennial Seal button), scavenger hunt of historical library facts (enter our prize raffle), and a children's craft!
- Ongoing: We hope you will stop by during our day of celebration to enjoy these activities, sign our guest book with your Nesmith Library stories and memories, learn more and purchase a brick for our Buy-A-Brick fundraiser, or donate to the fundraiser to receive a window cling decal of our Sesquicentennial Seal.
Events will go on rain or shine, with accommodations for posted safety guidelines as needed.
Parking and Shuttle: There will be a shuttle to drive attendees between parking areas and our three tour locations at Town Hall, the Armstrong Building, and Nesmith Library. The shuttle will continuously travel between parking areas and tour location stops during the whole event from 10 AM-2 PM. Masks are required for those riding the shuttle, and children who need a car seat cannot ride on the shuttle. We encourage families to save the Parking Map and use parking near each stop.
Press and hold on this image to save it to your phone, or click to view in a new window and save the image. If you prefer a PDF to save or print, you can download a copy of the parking map (PDF)
Photos, guestbook entries, and more from this event and our 150th year will be preserved in a digital gallery! Be sure to sign the guest book during the event, and consider submitting your art and stories illustrating what Nesmith Library means to you, September 18-December 18. Email NesmithLibrary03087@gmail.com to discuss submission details.
The digital gallery will be available January 2022.