The Multipurpose Room in the Nesmith Library was designed to serve a variety of functions. Primary among these is to facilitate the activities and programs of the Library and the Friends of the Library of Windham. The room may also be used for general public use, subject to the following:
- Available by reservation to Windham governmental departments, Windham non-profit organizations, Windham community groups, and Windham clubs that are engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual and/or charitable activities.
- Not available for private gatherings, money raising activities, commercial purpose, or for the benefit of private individuals. Any program held in the room must be free of charge and open to the public.
- Must not interrupt the normal functioning of the Library.
- Available during library hours and after-hours when it is not needed for library-related purposes.
- Not available Sundays.
- Accessible on a first-come first-served basis. Library programs always take precedence over other uses.
- Cannot accommodate regular weekly or monthly meetings of any group. Sponsors are limited to four (4) bookings per calendar year.
- Financial responsibility for any damages to the Multipurpose Room, as well as personal injury to any person in attendance rests solely on the sponsor of the program.
- A written application (see attached "Multipurpose Room Appropriate Use Agreement") must be submitted for use of the room at least two (2) business days prior to the intended use.
- The sponsor of any program should immediately notify the Library of a cancellation.
- By completing and signing "Multipurpose Room Appropriate Use Agreement" form the sponsoring group/person agrees to abide by all the rules for use. The sponsor or an acceptable delegate must be present before access to the room is allowed, and must remain during the entirety of the program.
For a complete understanding of the purposes and requirements of booking the Multipurpose Room, please read the Multipurpose Meeting Room Policy.
- Three small study rooms are available for quiet study on a first-come first-served basis for a maximum of two hours.
- Those wishing to use a room must sign in at the Check-Out desk.
- Library and Windham governmental department use always take precedence over other uses.