The Nesmith Library in Windham, NH strives to be actively part of the Windham School District. If you are a teacher in the area, we would love to work with you on a project or a classroom visit!
Please email our Head of Youth Services Azra Palo to get started with your questions and ideas. We look forward to hearing from you!
Windham Teachers are eligible for a free Nesmith Library card, even if you are not a Windham resident! Visit the library with a paystub from your school or other proof of employment to get your library card, and start accessing all the books, movies, and digital materials available to library cardholders!
The Nesmith Library Youth Department is here to help!
- Classroom Visit: Schedule a time for a librarian to visit your class and talk about the Nesmith Library and the resources we offer!
- Special Project: Is your class working on a project? We can help! Let us know about the project and we can help prepare materials that will be ready at the library for your students.
- Homework: If students are looking for a particular resource for their daily homework, please let us know. With access to materials from the GMILCS Consortium and other helpful options, we have a plethora of ways to help your students succeed.
- Other: Have an idea about connecting your classroom to the library? Email or call the Youth Services Department! Depending on your idea you will get connected with Azra, Molly, or Jane.
Resources for Teachers:
- American Association of School Librarians Best Digital Tools for Teaching & Learning
- The George Lucas Educational Foundation Edutopia
- New Hampshire Department of Education
- New Hampshire PBS Educational Services
- United States Department of Education
- AcademyScope "a visualization of all of the reports that are available on NAP.edu, allowing you to browse through the reports of the National Academies by topic area and seeing relationships between titles." Click here for freely downloadable PDF versions specific to Education.