As of 3/24/2020: Read a new Letter from the Director: COVID-19 and Materials from Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis. This week, the director and trustees determined the library would remain closed through May 4, 2020.
As of 3/19/2020: The book drop is closed. Please hold on to your library items until we announce that the book drop and the library are reopening.
As of 3/18/2020: Staff are now working from home with limited access to the library building. There will no longer always be someone to answer the phone there, so for fastest response, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of 3/17/2020: View our Library Closure Update email newsletter.
As of 3/16/2020: After consultation with the town Emergency Management Committee, the Board of Selectmen, and the Nesmith Library trustees, we have decided to close the Nesmith Library to the public from March 17 until April 6, 2020 at which time we will reassess the situation. We are making this very difficult decision based on the recommendations of town, state and federal health departments. Library staff will answer questions when available through email at email@example.com, and through messages sent to our Facebook page. Read our full Letter to the Public from Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis announcing this closure.
As of 3/13/2020: The Nesmith Library suspended all library programs and meeting room usage through March.
Most recent Windham and New Hampshire updates about COVID-19:
- Town of Windham Informational Alerts
- The Town of Windham also has a COVID-19 page.
- Contact information for Town of Windham Emergency Management: EM@windhamnh.gov, Fire Department: (603) 434-4907
- Sign up for CODERed alerts from the Town of Windham, as well as the Town Notify Me system for municipal updates.
- Windham School District News Updates
- The School District also has a COVID-19 Resources page.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, (603) 845-1566
- State of New Hampshire Updates
- Press Releases and Emergency Orders
- Call 2-1-1 in New Hampshire for COVID-19 answers and updates.
- Covid-19 resources for Granite Staters from Senator Shaheen's website
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. You can also download this PDF of their COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) page at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Business owners may also be interested in the Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers page from the CDC.
- COVID-19 Outbreak page at the World Health Organization, and a helpful Myth-Busting page to counter misinformation.
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Resource Center Be aware that some sites advertising a global cases map from Johns Hopkins have a fraudulent link. Accessing the overall resource center site through this link and then opening the map is a good way to ensure you are safely viewing the correct page.