We are providing services again while the Nesmith Library remains temporarily closed, with the safety of our patrons, staff, and greater community in mind every step of the way.
For our current reopening status and a summary of our current services, please visit our Phased Reopening page. Visit our Updates page to keep up with the latest library updates and access local and national information about COVID-19. You can also view our Health Resources page for in depth resources about the current situation and general health resources.
Curbside Hours have been extended! Pick up your items using curbside service, Monday-Thursday, 10 AM-7 PM, Friday, 10 AM-4 PM, and Saturday, 10 AM-3 PM.
Print and copy services are now available through curbside. Please call the library (603-432-7154) and arrange for print/copy jobs to be processed and delivered out to the curbside table for you. We will temporarily not be charging for jobs smaller than 10 pages. Please ask about payment for larger jobs.
Staff will be in the building Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-8 PM, Friday, 9 AM-5 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM-4 PM to answer phone calls. Please call us with any questions at all at (603) 432-7154, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Curbside Borrowing Instructions
Thank you for your patience as we navigate providing safe service for everyone.
Here’s how it will work:
- Place Items on Hold: You can place holds on Nesmith Library items and items from the other GMILCS libraries, by logging in to your account online and searching/browsing the catalog or by calling the library (phone calls: Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-8 PM, Friday, 9 AM-5 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM-4 PM). We will try to honor all requests, but please limit your holds to a reasonable number as we adjust to this new process. Filling requests may take longer than it has in the past.
- Notification: When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or phone notification from the library. Most patrons have an email as their default notification: please contact us if you would prefer a phone call when your items are ready.
- Pickup: After we notify you that your items are ready, you may visit the library to pick up your items during our curbside service hours (Monday-Thursday, 10 AM-7 PM, Friday, 10 AM-4 PM, and Saturday, 10 AM-3 PM). Please follow these pickup steps:
- When you arrive in the parking lot, call the library at (603) 432-7154 to let us know you are here.
- Library staff will then check out your materials and leave them outside the library, on a table, in a paper bag with your name on it.
- Please wait in your car or six feet away before approaching the pickup table if staff or other patrons are there when you arrive. Please verify that it is your package before you leave!
Returns: All returns should be placed in the exterior book drop. Please do not leave returned materials at the pickup table. Your returned items will remain on your account for a few days after you bring them back, because library staff are quarantining returned items to ensure they are safe. Please call us if you have an item to return which will not fit in the book drop. We are not accepting book donations at this time.
View our flyer with curbside instructions:
For more information about your library card, please visit our full Library Cards & Lending page.
In accordance with town policy, staff will be wearing masks when delivering your books. We ask that patrons wear masks, if possible, and follow posted curbside instructions when retrieving their items. In concert with the town, the library has taken the following steps before offering these services:
- Deep cleaned frequently used surfaces
- Obtained adequate stores of disinfectant and hand sanitizer, as well as protective gear for staff
- All staff will be wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing while in the building.
Until further notice. Since our service levels are determined based on a number of public health factors, we do not know when our services, or our hours, will change. Please check our COVID-19 Updates page for new announcements as well as past updates, and visit our Phased Reopening page for a summary of current services. Rest assured that library is working on plans for the next phase of reopening, and we look forward to serving you further in the future!
Quick Start: Click these icons to jump right in, or read more about each below!
Borrowing ebooks & other digital content is easy with your Nesmith Library card!
Your Nesmith Library card grants you access to a wide variety of digital collection materials through three primary services: Hoopla, CloudLibrary, and OverDrive (Libby). Visit our full Digital Reading page for instructions and further details! Visit our document with Seven Books from Seven Genres recommended by Nesmith Librarians and staff for each age group, all available all the time through Hoopla!
Access a wide variety of research and general interest databases using your library card! The resources on our Databases page are all accessible from home.
Ancestry Library Edition is TEMPORARILY ACCESSIBLE FROM HOME: Log in with your library card barcode and PIN - Discover your unique family history! This resource includes billions of records from around the world, including U.S., U.K., and Canadian census and vital records, immigration and passport records, periodicals and books, photos, and more. Click here to log into our catalog with your library card barcode and PIN, to access Ancestry Library Edition!
- Explora provides easy-to-use features and reliable content from the world’s leading magazines, academic journals, and reference books.
- NoveList will help you find your next great read, using genres and books you’ve enjoyed reading previously. Search up a favorite author, or learn why you really loved that multiple genre story, and search for similar reads you may not have found!
- America’s Genealogy Bank, along with our other resources from NewsBank, open up genealogy and historical research sources using newspaper articles and archives across the nation.