Nesmith Library is moving carefully through a Phased Reopening process, to keep our staff, patrons, and wider community safe. We are currently in "green" phase with limited open hours. As of Monday, December 7, we have returned to "yellow" phase, with Curbside Borrowing continuing, but open hours for browsing in the building have been suspended for the time being. Computer appointments will continue on a limited basis. Please call us with any questions and we will assist as much as we are able to.
Thank you for adapting with us!
This graphic and the poster by our front door is intended to give a general idea of the phases we will use, depending on community safety recommendations for our area and the best determination of the Town of Windham, library director, and the Library Board of Trustees. Please refer to the specifics on our full Phased Reopening page for the most up to date details.
- Nesmith Library Staff are here to help! Call (603) 432-7154 or email email@example.com to reach us.
- Library staff are staffing the building Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-8 PM, Friday, 9 AM-5 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM-4 PM.
- Computer Appointments are available.
- Please call the library to book a time slot. Appointments will be limited to 1 hour per person per day. Please arrive at the front door at the scheduled time and staff will let you in.
- Face coverings will be required at all times while in the building. Hand sanitizer will be available at the front door. Staff assistance may be unavailable due to social distancing requirements. Please ask any questions when making your appointment so that we can provide the best level of safe service for everyone.
- Wifi is available anytime, on library grounds and extends to our parking lot. The password is posted on our front door.
- Curbside Borrowing Continues!
- Pickup hours are Monday-Thursday, 10 AM-7 PM, Friday, 10 AM-4 PM, and Saturday, 10 AM-3 PM.
- Curbside Borrowing Instructions
- Please be patient with library staff as we accomodate as many holds as we can. Remember to wait for notification that the items you placed on hold are ready before you visit the library to pick them up. You will receive an email by default unless you have asked us to notify you with a phone call.
- If you do not have a cell phone, you can call us when you leave your house and we will put your items out for pickup. Otherwise, please call us when you arrive in the parking lot. This helps to limit the amount of pickup bags outside at any one time, and limit the possibility of someone taking home the wrong items.
- Print and copy services are now available through curbside. Please call the library (603-432-7154) and arrange for print/copy jobs to be processed and delivered out to the curbside table for you. We will temporarily not be charging for jobs smaller than 10 pages. Please ask about payment for larger jobs.
- The exterior book drop is open 24/7 for returning items.
- You can place DVDs, audiobooks, etc in the book drop. For items that won't fit, please contact the library to arrange their return.
- Please do not leave returned items at the curbside pickup table.
- We are not accepting donations for the FLOW sale at this time.
- Digital services are always available: contact us if you need assistance using your library card to log in and use our digital reading services and our databases.
- Virtual Programs continue while we are closed: visit our Event Calendar or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to keep up with updates.
- Email newsletters: subscribe on our Newsletters page.
- New Materials Wowbrary newsletter: weekly on Saturdays, showcasing new materials of all types added this week.
- Nesmith Library Updates newsletter: currently bi-weekly, featuring virtual programs, outreach efforts, and service updates.
Visit our COVID-19 Updates page to see the timeline of our changes to services, as well as town, state, and national sources of health and policy information. Visit our Curbside Borrowing page for instructions to borrow library items, pick up craft program materials (see the Event Calendar for dates/times), and use print/copy services through curbside borrowing.
Download a copy of the 8/28/2020 Letter from the Director
Download a copy of the 6/5/2020 Letter from the Director
Download a copy of the 4/17/2020 Letter from the Director
Download a copy of the 3/24/2020 Letter from the Director
Download a copy of the 3/16/2020 Letter to the Public