The Children's Summer Reading Finale Party with Magic Fred is coming up on Thursday, August 6, 10:30 AM on Facebook Live!
There are three ways to participate in our 2020 Summer Reading Program:
- Read! Log your reading using Beanstack, through your browser or in the Beanstack app!
- Register on Beanstack, and visit the library on Friday, June 26 to arrange curbside pickup for your registration bag (call when you arrive and we will put it out at the curbside pickup table for you). Supplies are limited.
- Attend our virtual events: visit the Event Calendar for dates and times, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for event updates!
- Earn tickets toward prizes:
- Attend our virtual events: Check out our takeout menu below!
- Watch for additional opportunities to earn tickets as we announce them through the summer!
Children ages 12 & under are invited to participate with their caregivers!
Beanstack: https://nesmithlibrary.beanstack.org/Beanstack is our *new* reading software that was made possible by FLOW! It is easy as 1-2-3! You can access our program from your computer, or download the app on your App Store, Google Play or whever you get your apps.
- Register on the front page. You can register just yourself or your entire family!
- Start logging your reading minutes (1 hour=2 tickets). Going to our digital events also earns you tickets!
- Once you've started earning tickets, place them towards our end of the summer drawings, or towards the weekly pizza certificate drawing!
Questions? Email our Head of Youth Services Azra Palo email@example.com or call (603) 432-7154 during our service hours and ask for Youth Services.
From virtual storytime to take home crafts, we have something for everyone in your family! All virtual events will be on Facebook and available afterwards online. Visit our Event Calendar and our Facebook events to keep up with events as they are posted!
Our takeout menu will change weekly! It will be available in front of the library and online. Our takeaway craft will ONLY be available on Tuesdays and is first come first serve. Stop by the library and give us a call and we will happily put some out on the table for you and your family.
Right click or press and hold and View Image to see this image bigger and save it.
Use Beanstack to put your tickets towards the pizza certificate drawing and the prize baskets we have for all ages and interests! From our Itty Bitty Baskets (intended for our toddlers and younger) to our AWESOME Harry Potter, Rick Riordan, Dragon, Unicorn, and more, there are plenty of baskets to choose from.
Azra, Miss Molly, and Miss Chris would love to write your child a postcard or visit your driveway for a contactless chalk doodle! Fill out our Google Form with your contact information, your child's name and age, and any interests the librarians can mention!
Nesmith Children's Librarians are also putting together grab bags of books for curbside borrowing, if you want to borrow items but aren't sure what to put on hold. Call Nesmith Library and ask for Youth Services for assistance!
Current Library Services: Please visit our Phased Reopening and Updates pages to see our current level of services.
While the library may not be open to the public, you can still check out books! We are more than happy to help you participate in curbside borrowing.
- Visit the Curbside Borrowing page for complete instructions, and call (603) 432-7154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- We can put together a grab bag based on your child's age and interests if you aren't sure what you want to place on hold. Call the library and ask for a children's librarian. You can also email our Head of Youth Services Azra and she can help you with suggestions, placing holds, and more.
We have plenty of ways caregivers and children can read on their device! From graphic novels to middle grade books to even narrated picture books, you can find something for everyone on Hoopla, Cloud Library, and Libby by Overdrive. For more information about digital services, check out our Digital Reading for Kids page and feel free to email Emerging Technology Librarian Chelsea with any questions.