NESMITH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Present: Joan Griffin, Chairman; Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chairman, Mark Branoff, Treasurer; Chris Monterio, Assistant Treasurer, Anne Marie O’Neil, Corresponding Secretary, Carl Heidenblad, Director; Lois Freeston, Assistant Director. Carolyn Webber and Wendy Keller were excused.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Joan Griffin, Chairman, at 7:05 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes of the February 9th meeting were approved.
Financial—There is no report from the Town YTD as of yet.
Nesmith Library Directors Report, March 2009
· Registration. There were 46 new registrations in February.
· Internet uses. 689 uses in February 2009 vs. 574 in February 2008.
· People Counter. 5824 visits were counted in February 2009.
· Sunday usage. There were 406 visits in February compared to 480 visits in February, 2008.
Building and property maintenance.
· Hudson NH is in the process of building a new library. To assist our neighbors during this period we discussed the idea for the Nesmith Library to issue a temporary library
card to Hudson residents. Motion: Anne Marie O’Neil moved to authorize this policy; motion was seconded and was carried unanimously.
· Strategic Planning Committee—The survey has been refined—and publicity is underway.
· Library Credit Card Policy— Mark presented the draft credit card policy.
· Staff party—Possibility of scheduling for every other year—Carl will take a quick survey as to what employees would like.
· Director’s annual review—mailed to the Board today.
· Staff evaluations—these were completed today.
· Election of Officers—MOTION: Anne-Marie O’Neil moved that this be tabled until next month. The motion was seconded and carried unanimously.
· Trustees’ Meeting—Tuesday, April 14th at 7:00 p.m.
· ADJOURNED: The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm
Anne Marie O’Neil
Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary
Draft Subject to Approval