NESMITH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, February 11, 2009
Present: Joan Griffin, Chairman; Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chairman, Mark Branoff, Treasurer; Wendy Keller, Secretary, Chris Monterio, Assistant Treasurer, Anne Marie O’Neil, Corresponding Secretary, Carl Heidenblad, Director; Lois Freeston, Assistant Director. Carolyn Webber was excused.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Joan Griffin, Chairman, at 7:05 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes of the January 13, 2009 meeting were approved.
Correspondence: We received a card dated October 22, 2008 from Pat Skinner thanking the Board for the honor of bestowing her with the Trustee Emeritus Award last September.
Financial—There is no report from the Town YTD as of yet. However, for the 2008 year we spent 99% of our budget.
Nesmith Library Directors Report, February 2009
· Registration. There were 61 new registrations in January.
· Internet uses. 550 uses in January 2009 vs 651 in January 2008.
· People Counter. 5959 visits were counted in January 2009.
· Sunday usage. There were 328 visits in January compared to 389 visits in January, 2008.
· Statistics. Volunteer Hours totaled 76 hours. Our collection size totals 81,691 volumes.
Building and property maintenance.
· Strategic Planning Committee—The survey will be launched April 6th and will run through the Strawberry Festival. The committee’s next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 17th at 5:30 p.m. Wendy Keller is authorized to spend the money necessary to purchase Survey Monkey’s graphics package.
· Library Credit Card Policy— Mark and Chris are in the process of drafting a policy and procedures necessary prior to submitting a proposal to the Board.
· March Election for Trustees—Wendy Keller and Carolyn Webber have signed up to run for re-election.
· Board Officers for next year—Joan asked Board members to think about which positions they may be willing to serve for the coming year.
· Staff Appreciation Party—possible dates of Friday, April 17th or May 15th, 2009—Carl will poll the staff to find out what type of function they would most appreciate
· Trustees’ Meeting—Tuesday, March 17th at 7:00 p.m.
· ADJOURNED: The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm
Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary
Draft Subject to Approval