NESMITH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Present: Joan Griffin, Chairman; Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chairman; Chris Monterio, Treasurer; Mark Branoff, Assistant Treasurer; Pat Skinner, Corresponding Secretary;Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary; Carl Heidenblad, Director; Diane Mayr, Assistant Director; Lois Freeston, Assistant Director. Lisa Thornton was excused.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Joan Griffin, Chairman, at 7:10 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes of the June 12, 2007 were approved.
Financial-- Chris Monterio reported that through 59% of the year 58% of the budget has been spent
Director-- Carl presented his monthly report for July/August 2007.
· Circulation-- July 2007 was a record with 18,605 items loaned! Further, last year we had 3 months with greater than 15,000 items circulated – so far this year there have been 4 months that exceeded the 15,000 item mark. As of the end of July 107,886 items had been loaned compared with 102,884 items the previous year at the end of July.
· Registration-- There have been 445 new registrations so far this year.
· Internet uses-- 687 uses in July an increase of 141 from June.
· People Counter-- Traffic continues to increase. I am particularly pleased with the traffic counts for Sundays this summer. Sunday visits totaled 854 in July and 764 in June. The average for the previous 5 months was 382, so these increases are significant.
· Programs-- The programs for children and young adults have been outstanding this summer. If you haven’t done so, please take a look at the photos of the programs that Lois has placed on the web page.
Building and property maintenance
Statistics: For the month of June/July we had 87.7 and 95.4 hours respectively. Our collection size totals 79,652 items.
· Nesmith Library 10th Anniversary Celebration— Invitations have been sent to key contributors in the community.
· Library Trustees Workshop—Joan Griffin and Wendy attended this event on Wednesday, June 13 in Portsmouth and gave a brief overview.
· NH Attorney General’s annual meeting for Library Trustees was held on Tuesday, June 19th and attended by Mark Branoff who briefed us on the presentation.
· Committee to review by-laws—Mark Branoff moved that we establish a committee to review our by-laws. The move was seconded and approved. The committee will consist of Mark Branoff, Mary Lee Underhill and Wendy Keller and will convene in late September.
· Open House-- 10th Anniversary in our new building Saturday, September 15th from 2-4 p.m featuring the Windham Community Band. and is open to the public.
· Trustees’ Meeting-- Tuesday September 11th at 7 p.m.
ADJOURNED: The meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm
Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary
Draft Subject to Approval