NESMITH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Present: Mary Lee Underhill, V Chairman, Joan Griffin, Secretary, Pat Skinner, Corresponding Secretary, Chris Monterio, Treasurer, Carl Heidenblad, Director, Diane Mayr and Lois Freeston, Assistant Directors and new Trustees, Wendy Keller, Lisa Thornton and Mark Branoff.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by V Chairman Mary Lee Underhill at 7:05 pm
Minutes: The minutes for the February 14, 2006 were approved
Financial: Chris Monterio explained the new format of our financial reports to the
Trustees 17% of the budget has been spent through March.
Director: Carl presented his monthly report for March 2006
· Circulation: February’s circulation totaled 14, 268. This was an increase of
· 4.5% over 2-2005
· Sunday Circulation: The Sunday staffing will continue to be evaluated.
· Registration: At the end January the library was showing 8131 registered card holders
· Statistics: Statistics for February showed that 14,268 items were circulated with 8,131 registered patrons; there were 5,768 visits to the library, 485 internet users and 89.83 volunteered hours. Our collection size is 75,407
· Public Service: PSNH has increased our budget plan from $1457 per month to $1809 per month. We had budgeted $17,480 a 16.5% increase, PSNH’s increase was 24%.
· Children’s Programming: Carl completed an analysis of the children’s programs of five different area libraries and found we were providing an excellent program to our children, giving them quality programming.
Building and Property Maintenance:
· Town Maintenance has repaired the flag pole which was recently damaged by a recent wind storm.
· US Water will now be charging the library for water testing and reporting to NH Department of Environmental Services.
· Several problems with the HVAC system are being looked at by Select Energy
· Al Barlow is helping the library straighten out a billing problem with Riel Security.
Personnel: Pat Skinner gave the personnel report on the meeting held on Wednesday,
March 15, 2006. Carl has hired Kathy Duve to fill the position, of not more than 18 hours per week, that was available. At this time the Sunday staffing of 2 people is sufficient.
Warrant: The Nesmith Library warrant article passed. Thank you Windham voters!!
Internet Policy: The internet policy has additional changes that were discussed this
evening. We will vote on the new policy at the April Trustee meeting.
Election of Officers: The following slate of officers and committee members were elected by Trustees.
· Chairman Mary Lee Underhill
· V Chairman Joan Griffin
· Treasurer Chris Monterio
· Assistant Treasurer Mark Branoff
· Corresponding Secretary Pat Skinner
· Recording Secretary Wendy Keller
· FLOW Liaison Lisa Thornton
· Windham Endowment (for Community Improvement) Sharon Scannell
· Finance Chris Monterio, Mark Branoff and Carl Heidenblad
· Personnel Pat Skinner, Wendy Keller, Mary Lee Underhill and
· Building Expansion Wendy Keller, Lisa Thornton, and Mark Branoff
· Paul Keller Memorial Lisa Thornton, Joan Griffin and Carl Heidenblad
· NHLTA Conference: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at the Grappone Center in
Concord 8 am to 4 pm
· Library Trustees Meeting on Tuesday, April 11, 2006
ADJOURNED: The meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm
Draft subject to approval