Nesmith Library Board Trustees Minutes
May 10, 2005
Present: Sharon Scannell, Chair, Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chair, Joan Griffin, Recording Secretary, Pat Skinner, Corresponding Secretary. Chris Monterio, Treasurer, Lorraine Bain, Carl Heidenblad, Director, Diane Mayr, Lois Freeston, Assistant Directors. Paul Keller was excused.
Chairman, Sharon Scannell, called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm.
Minutes: The minutes were approved as written.
Correspondence: Thank you note from Shirley Beaulieu for her Trustee Retirement
Tea held on April 10, 2005.
Financial: Chris Monterio reported that 28% of the budget has been spent and
33% of the year has elapsed.
Director: Carl reported that circulation for the month of April has been brisk.
· April circulation showed and increase of 14.4% over last April. An increase of just over 18.5% for the first 4 months of this year compared to the first 4 months of 2004.
· Will evaluate the Sunday head count and circulation for a full year.
· Discussed the technology plan for 2005 through 2008.
· A new security system to deter theft of DVD’s was discussed and will be implemented.
· Statistics for April showed that 13, 271 items were circulated, 9,020 registered patrons, 8,462 of whom visited the library, 398 internet users and 125.88 volunteered hours. Our collection size is 71,748.
Committees: The personnel committee will be meeting on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 at 9:30 am in the library.
Technology Plan: Carl is continuing to work with TAC on updating the library’s tech plan.
NHLTA Annual Spring Conference: May 26, 2005. Deadline to register is May 18, 2005. Registration should be submitted to Jena Day 3 to 4 days prior to
deadline of May 18.
HVAC Contract: Three town buildings currently use propane gas – no town contract at this time.
Needs Assessment Funding: Money left over from the Marjorie Judd’s study from 2003, $3,096.26, needs to be transferred to the Trustee of the Trust Funds. A motion was made by Chris Monterio to transfer the funds. The motion passed.
Windham Endowment for Community Advancement Nominee: No individual was nominated at this meeting.
Garden Club Grant: The board is thankful for all the work done by the Garden Club in the past and look forward to working together on future projects. The board discussed plans for landscaping of the Nesmith Library Stone located at the entrance to the library driveway.
· The next Board meeting is Tuesday, June 14, 2005 at 7:00 pm
· Town Employee Appreciation Day May 18, 2005 from 1 to 4 pm.
· Strawberry Festival: The Trustees will man the grills from 10 am to 12:30 pm
· FLOW Annual Meeting: Tuesday, June 7, 2005 at Searles School at 7:00 pm. The library will close at 5:00 pm to enable the staff’s attendance.
· Summer hours will begin on June 21, 2005.
ADJOURNED: The meeting adjourned at 8:17 pm
Draft subject to approval