Nesmith Library Board Trustees Minutes
April 12, 2005
Present: Sharon Scannell, Chair, Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chair, Joan Griffin, Recording Secretary, Pat Skinner, Corresponding Secretary. Chris Monterio, Treasurer, Paul Keller, Assist. Treasurer, Carl Heidenblad, Director, Diane Mayr, Assistant Director, Lorraine Baine and Lois Freeston were excused.
Chairman, Sharon Scannell, called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm.
Minutes: The minutes were approved as written.
Correspondence: A notice from the Attorney General’s Office of a meeting in Concord on May 31, 2005 was read. The meeting is for Treasurers for Library Trustees. Paul Keller will be attending.
Financial: Chris Monterio reported that 21.5% of the budget has been spent by the end of March (25% of the year).
Director: Carl reported the circulation for March 2005 showed an increase of 14.9% over last March and registration at the end of March was 8,976 registered patrons.
· Palmer Gas and Public Service of NH have increased our budged payments.
· The draft of the operations plan is complete and was discussed in detail by the board.
Carl’s statistics for March showed that 15, 213 items were circulated, 8,976 registered patrons, 8,324 of who visited the library, 345 internet users and 136.29 volunteered hours. Our collection size is 71,443.
Committees: The personnel committee met on Friday, April 8, 2005. The committee will be meeting on a bi-monthly basis in the future.
Operation Plan: Carl went over the operations plan and invited questions and comments from the board.
Technology Plan: TAC is working well for the library and the library could well be a model for the town.
· Library needs new laser printers that are able to accommodate wireless as well as the regular computers.
· A good color laser printer for the public as well as the library staff.
· Merging telephone service with town telephone service
· Continue working on back-up system since tapes not working.
FLOW – Strawberry Festival:
· The trustees will have the first shift on the grills; 10:30 or 11:00 am
· A trustee on the membership table
· FLOW can use the library multi purpose room for their June 7, 2005 Annual Meeting.
NHLTA Annual Spring Conference, May 26, 2005. Paul Keller will attend. Deadline for registering for the conference is May 18, 2005.
The next Board meeting is Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 7:00 pm
ADJOURNED: The meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm
Draft subject to approval